How's it going? My name is Neil Rooney and I am a Senior IT System Administrator based in Berlin, Germany. I secure and grow internal IT infrastructure for companies, currently Ada Health.
I graduated in 2010 from the University of Central Lancashire with a degree in Forensic Science and Criminal Investigation. I got my first job working for Carphone Warehouse as an IT admin and later continued working in this area with different Berliner companies, finally specialising in macOS, SecOps and Linux server administration. Since the summer of 2019 I have been working as a Senior IT System Administrator for Ada Health.
Some notable links:
Getting to know Neil Rooney (July, 2019).
A list of books which have helped me in my career over the years:
- The Practice of System and Network Administration Volume 1: DevOps and other Best Practices for Enterprise IT (Thomas A. Limoncelli, 2016)
- Phoenix Project: A Novel about It, Devops, and Helping Your Business Win (Gene Kim, 2018)
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python, 2nd Edition: Practical Programming for Total Beginners (Al Sweigart, 2019)
- UNIX and Linux System Administration Handbook (Evi Nemeth, 2017)
- Cybersecurity - Attack and Defense Strategies: Infrastructure security with Red Team and Blue Team tactics (Yuri Diogenes, 2018)